The Charles Bridge (Czech: Karlův most) is a famous historic bridge in Prague, Czech Republic. Its construction started in 1357. As the only means of crossing the river Vltava (Moldau) until 1841, the Charles Bridge was the most important connection between Prague Castle and the city's Old Town.
The bridge is 621 m long and nearly 10 m wide. It is protected by three bridge towers. The bridge is decorated by a continuous alley of 30 statues and statuaries, most of them baroque-style, originally erected around 1700 but now all replaced by replicas